10 Tips For Generating Instagram Sales
Having worked with 100s of clients in the last 4.5 years, here’s some simple tips to having a successful account that generates Instagram sales:
1) Get onto Reels – they will gain you new followers and lots of views. They’re really simple once you get the hang of them. Even if you’re a complete technophobe.
2) Have a clear idea of how you are helping your community and regularly show up with valuable advice.
3) Show your face and share bits of your back story – it helps build trust and creates an emotional bond. Remember you can cherry pick what you share – airing all your dirty laundry is not necessary!
4) Start juicy conversations that resonate with your audience. For example I’m often sharing how challenging Instagram is to my mental health. Although this seems counter intuitive if I’m trying to sell myself as an Instagram Coach, it actually really strikes a chord with my audience, gets them chatting and builds trust.
5) Regularly mention what it is exactly that you are selling.
6) Demonstrate why you are good at what you do and that you can get results (testimonials, back story, behind the scenes posts/Reels).
7) Post regularly – even if that’s just twice a week.
8) Passion and enthusiasm go a long way and it’s infectious (you can feel crap 90% of the time, but make sure you distill some passion into your posts!)
9) Be willing to give new features a go even if you make a load of mistakes. Fail fast and learn fast. Instagram is a forgiving place and people don’t care if you make mistakes. Bravery is applauded.
10) Whilst it’s not the be all and end all, pick a colour palette to stick to and get to grips with Canva so you can have attractive and professional looking account.
Good luck! Once you start applying these tips, give it a few months and a bit of patience and I would definitely expect you to see an uplift in Instagram sales.
Looking For Instagram Help?
There’s three ways you can work with me
- Invest in my 6 month Special Coaching Sauce package and attract your ideal clients without the overwhelm.
- Book a Power Up session with me.
- Attend one of my workshops: Beginners Reels or Instagram For Small Businesses.
And if you’d like weekly advice, sign up here for my newsletter: