I can’t get enough of podcasts – I love listening to them in the car or on my strolls to the local nature reserve. Podcasts have proved to be excellent for educating me on running a business, but I enjoy them for pure escapism too.
Here are some of my favourites:
- The Adam Buxton Podcast – I’m always impatiently waiting for the next Adam Buxton Podcast to be released – because they’re bloody good and funny. Adam interviews comedians, journalists, directors – all sorts. Some of my favourite interviews are with Louis Theroux (an old school friend of his who he’s interviewed three times), David Sedaris and Mona Chalabi. Adam is just himself – he’s prepared to be vulnerable, stupid, curious and self aware all at once – which is a hilarious combination and allows for the his interviewees to open up and be themselves too.
- The High Low with Pandora Sykes and Dolly Alderton. Two journalists in their early thirties reflecting on the weeks’ news from a feminist angle. Also sharing what they’ve been watching, reading, listening to that week. Its chatty, honest, gossipy, open and funny. I laugh a lot, feel like I’m getting my news fill for the week and get great inspo from their reviews.
- Happy Place with Fearne Cotton – Fearne has had her own battles with depression and anxiety and is very conscious of and grateful for having overcome that period of her life, although she still has to really look after herself. Fearne interviews guests who’ve had similar journeys . Interviews I’ve particularly enjoyed were with Gok Wan, Gary Barlow, Alexandra Shulman and Matt Haig.
- Desert Island Discs – now with Lauren Laverne – what’s not to like about Desert Island Discs? Getting to hear fascinating tales and insights of celebrities’ and eminent people’s lives, washed down with their favourite music. I’ve got too many I’d like to mention here – but do try and listen to Noel Gallagher, Ed Sheeran, Nile Rogers and Tom Kerridge.
- Courage and Spice with Sas Petherick – Sas Petherick is a self doubt coach and she interviews guests about their own self doubt journeys (amongst other things!). I especially enjoyed listening to Paul Jarvis, Beth Kempton and Jen Carrington.
- There are Other Ways with Fiona Barrows – Fiona interviews people who are living their lives a little differently. Because I live my own life a little differently, I take great comfort and inspiration from these podcasts. Fiona’s interviews include writers, nature coaches, Wabu Sabi experts and ceramicists (and many other intriguing professions). Some of my faves are with Laura Jane Williams, Beth Kempton (again) and Cait Flanders.
I really love getting recommendations for podcasts so please do tell me yours.
If you enjoyed reading this, you might like to check out What’s Been Inspiring Me Lately.
Looking For Instagram Help?
There’s three ways you can work with me
- Invest in my 6 month Special Coaching Sauce package and attract your ideal clients without the overwhelm.
- Book a Power Up session with me.
- Attend one of my workshops: Beginners Reels or Instagram For Small Businesses.
And if you’d like weekly advice, sign up here for my newsletter: